Wednesday, July 4, 2007

London and Israel Photos

Peter, Mom and Dad enjoyed a wonderful trip to London and Israel. London was very hectic as we attempted to see everything in only two days. With our excellent guide (Peter) we managed to see an amazing number of things. It only whetted our appetite to return again someday. We attended church on Sunday and visited the Family History Library - even did a little research. It would be amazing to return someday for a few weeks and do nothing but family history research.
Peter at Platform 9 3/4. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes!!

Peter at the BYU Jerusalem Center

Israel was wonderful and not quite as fast paced as London, although there is much that we would like to have done that we just couldn't fit in. We spent a couple of days in Jerusalem, then moved on to Masada and then Dead Sea, where dad went swimming after covering himself with the very effective sun block that they have developed in Israel.

Dad at the Dead Sea in Israeli Sun Block. It's rated at 100!


We also went up to Galilee and spent a couple of days there. We even got to attend church in the Galilee Branch. Of 35 mambers, about a third are Russian speaking. Every where we went Dad was able to practice his Russian.


Mom and Dad at the Galilee Branch meeting house in Tiberias.


6 comments:

Emy said...

Awesome pics! Thanks for putting these up. It looks like you guys had a wonderful time.

benny said...

Wow!!! A non-bemy post to the blog...I like it!

When Emy and I were in Israel last year, the Church had purchased it's first property in the country. Was that by chance the building that the Galilee branch meets in?

Larry Brasher said...

I'm not sure if the church owns or leases this property. There is also a branch in Tel Aviv. I just assumed that both were leased. It would be neat to know if the church now actually owns property in Israel. I expect with local membership who are Israeli citizens they can get registered and then would be eligible to own property. I suspect everything is done in such a way to not raise a high profile though.

Larry Brasher said...

Who is dribblequeen?

benny said...

I think dribblequeen is actually Emily! I didn't know she even knew who to use a computer!

When we were Israel, the couple in charge of the Jerusalem Center told us that the Church had recently purchased it's first property, and I thought they said it was in the Galilee region.

Monica Mary said...

okay so you don't know me but I am a friend of Emily Brasher's and I wondered if she has a blog. I am guessing she is dribble queen which would mean no but...if you have an email for her or something let me know. Thanks! Monica Giles (formerly Statham)