Saturday, September 8, 2007

Hey everyone! I’m using my moms email so that I can send this to everyone from her address book. I just got home from a 4 stake mini EFY thing and this last part of it was the more spiritual part.  We had a testimony meeting and I wanted to get up…but I didn’t and I felt really bad about it.  So I decided I would tell my family and  friends back home what was going through my head at the time. Its also easier to type cause then no one has to see me if cry.   When we got called on a mission I could not understand why we had to go now. I’m a junior in high school, I just turned 16 and it just didn’t seem like this was a good time for this to be happening to me. Why couldn’t this happen in 2 years when I was done with high school and in college.  I don’t want to say that I was mad about it but I was just confused. I understood there had to be a reason for all of it but I could not understand what that reason was.  Today I realized why it is that I’m here. I understand that there are people here that I needed to meet. There are people here that I have the opportunity to share the gospel with, and its so easy!!  The firesides I have been able to go to, the people I have had the opportunity to meet and the missionaries here that are so dedicated and so excited about the gospel have changed my life.  I especially love the mission presidents firesides where recent converts have the opputunity to share their testijmony.  Its an amazing experience. My testimony has grown soo much over the past little while.  It’s hard though. I miss my friends. I miss all of my family, all of my little cousins.  I miss my ward, my leaders, and my school. But its great to be able to have new experiences and meet new people.  Its amazing to see how welcoming and warm people are here. I love it. I have felt very accepted here and that has helped tremendously.  My parents are busy a lot and that has been hard too.  Its great to see them so dedicated and so willing though. The missionaries love them, I can see that and I feel lucky to have the parents I do. Its neat to hear their testimonies borne so often at firesides and mission meetings.  I’m grateful for the strength my family has been and for the support we have felt from all of you.  I know that this church is true. I understand that the lord has his timing and it may not be the way we want it, but it’s the right thing for us no matter how difficult it is.  I’m grateful to have learned this at such a young age.  I’m grateful for my elder brother, Jesus Christ.  I know I lives. I have a testimony of the Atonement and I know how important it is for us to take advantage of it and repent. We all make mistakes and it is so wonderful to have this plan that allows us to progress and become better people.  I know that missionary work is so important. I never realized how important it was until we were thrust right into the middle of it. Its so neat to see the work progressing.  I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that he resotred the church on the earth.   I know the Book of Mormon is true. Recently I have been reading the four gospels and I have loved it.  Over the past little while I have missed the Book of Mormon though.  It’s a weird feeling for me because I didn’t know how special the Book of Mormon was to me until I hadn’t read from it for a while. I’m excited to start reading it again.  I love this church. I wouldn’t have come here if I didn’t know that.  Thank you for all of you and the support and examples you have been to me. I love you all I miss you and I think of you all the time.  Tell all my little cousins and the kids I babysat that I love them and cant wait to see them again!  I would love to hear from anyone and everyone! My email is jessbass91@gmail.net.  I love you!!

Jessica

1 comment:

benny said...

Oh Jessy...we love you and miss you so much!