Saturday, November 10, 2007

Pagosa Springs 2007



Here are a few pics from my trip to Pagosa Springs, CO. I didn't get a very big buck, a little forky. He dressed out at 98 pounds. He'll definitely be good eating. I saw him on Tuesday. The only shot I had was at about 100 yards running away through the trees. He was the only deer that I saw with horns the whole trip. Better than getting skunked again. Drug him out about a mile by myself. We hiked and beat the bush a lot. 10 miles or so every day at 8000+ feet with a pack and a rifle tests your endurance. Before dark to after dark. Two of our guys got nice 4 points. Two got ones about this size. And a spike or two. 6 of 9 tags filled. One of the guys that I hunted and went with missed 4 shots at nice bucks. Got testing his rifle afterward and it was off the paper target at 80 yards. His scope mount got all screwed up. Oh well, at least he got some shots. No elk. Good to be home.

1 comment:

DNF (Hammer) said...

Looks like a lot of fun. now when you say hiked i noticed a couple of 4-wheelers in one of the pictures, just kidding. Most everyone up here in Bosie are hunting everyweekend and i have had a lot of really good jerky and sausage. I wish i could of been there, congratulations BT.