Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Recipe: Another quiche, works for dinner too

This is a new quiche. I really like. Reheats well. Don't know who Margaret is???

Crustless Quiche from Margaret
¾ cup picante
1 cup artichoke hearts, cut in smaller pieces (I use marinated – drained)
¼ to ½ cup grated parmesan
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup Cheddar (I have used mild, medium, and sharp – all good)
6 eggs
8 oz. sour cream
Chopped cilantro
Sliced tomatoes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 10” quiche dish. Spread picante in dish, covering bottom. Arrange cut-up artichoke hearts over picante. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over picante and artichoke hearts. Spread Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese over parmesan. In blender, blend eggs. Add sour cream and blend until smooth and well mixed. Pour over ingredients in quiche dish. Bake for at least 45 minutes or longer if needed to make sure center is done. Top will be browned. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting. Serve with chopped cilantro and sliced tomatoes. Serves 6 to12, depending on serving size

No comments: