Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thanks Dad


Have you seen this video yet? As I watched, I was reminded of how fortunate I was to grow up in a home where the priesthood was respected and used to bless and serve our family. A friend called a week ago frantic and tearful. Her baby was sick and needed a priesthood blessing. I've been trying to help her come back to church, so she called and asked if Mark could come give her baby a blessing. We were ready for bed, so he put his suit back on, and we went over. 

They have a beautiful family, but she expressed her longing for the priesthood in her home. She remembered the comfort of father's blessings from her childhood and wants her daughters to experience it also. Her reaction helped me appreciate once again how grateful I am to my Heavenly Father for giving "me an earthly home with parents kind and dear."  Thanks Dad for always putting Heavenly Father first; for honoring your priesthood; and respecting women. I like to hope your dedication to serve has rubbed off on me; hopefully with enough to spare to rub off on my kids. I love you.

2 comments:

Emy said...

Yes what a wonderful priesthood holder you are!

Mom B said...

Thanks Ang, that was beautiful and a good reminder for all of us.