Thursday, November 12, 2009

Remember the macaroons?

From the ridiculous to the sublime. (Maybe dad needs to teach Ben how to play ma'jon)

This is so easy and so very good. We made it for FHE.

Coconut Bark Rachael Ray
5 ½ cups sweetened shredded coconut
(14 oz package)
½ cup sweetened condensed milk
(I used the whole can)
Preheat oven to 350
Spray a glass 9 x 13 pan
Mix ingredients well, Spread into pan
Bake for 20 minutes or until browned. And dark and crispy at the edges, Cool slightly
Cut into squares
--In think it would be good with chocolate drizzled of the top too, but not necessary

1 comment:

Angela Bassett said...

I don't remember the macaroons-but there's a bakery here that is famous for them. I don't know if I have the energy to make them when I can pick up so many flavors already done. Am I a party poopper? I'm up for trying the other recipe though.