Remember how when we were young, dad and mom would load us into a car and then several hours some times days later dump us out in the middle of some amazing national park? Most of the time we were too tired or exhausted to care about what was going on; maybe that's why we don't step out and enjoy it as often as we should. There are so many great things to see, and it is so easy not to see them. Is anyone up for a hike this summer? I guess the real question is, does anyone want to join me? I'm going for a hike either in early May or late August. If I go May it will probably be the John Muir trail in California or Zion's National Park in Southern Utah. If I go August it will be the John Muir trail or Glacier National Park in Montana. Maybe 5 days 4 nights...or two weeks. I know people have kids and jobs...do any of the kids want to come? Taylor? Jess? Sam?
http://johnmuirtrail.org/trail.html#segment_one
http://www.citrusmilo.com/zionguide/recommend.cfm
http://www.trails.com/toptrails.aspx?area=10016
5 comments:
i would LOVE that. so much fun. i dont think i would be able to go in may. august would be more likely.....i'll have to talk to mom and dad :)
Sounds interesting. Mom and I are off the first two weeks of August. We had discussed doing something family wise for everyone - maybe one or two days. But before or after that a hike would be awesome.
I've always wanted to hike Desolation Valley from Loon Lake down to Highway 50. That's probably only two days, but we could make it three.
I vote for Montana in August. Our Blodgett relatives were from Montana--Bitter root valley
AUGUST!!!!
Sounds awesome, but I don't remember the trips you're talking about. Where was I? Don't answer.
Post a Comment